Saturday, May 25, 2019

Stop and smell the roses

Nature is a great self-care tool. There is something about being out in nature that allows us to slow down for a moment and breathe. Now that spring has finally sprung, take 5 minutes (or more if you have it!) and go outside.

Feel the grass on your feet, look at the trees, look up at the sky and feel the breeze. Close your eyes and listen the birds. Smell the flowers or the fresh cut grass. Feel the sun on your skin.

I have found that spending even just a few minutes appreciating nature helps me feel more balanced. It helps me put things back into perspective and gives me a mental boost.

I often have songs pop into my head. Forgive me, but I am child of the 70's! Stop and Smell the Roses by Mac Davis is the song that is in my head today. Click on the link below and take a few minutes to listen!

https://binged.it/2Qp55l6

Blessings,
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment