Thursday, May 16, 2019

Tell yourself good things

When things are difficult and days are dark it can be hard to remember the good things. One way to help you cope and keep a good perspective as you are going through trying times is to say affirmations to yourself.

You are the person that influences yourself the most. When you have negative self talk, you believe the things you tell yourself and you feel awful. Practice saying some affirmations to yourself on a regular basis. The more you tell yourself positive things, the more you will believe it! And if you find yourself saying something negative, chase it down with 2 positive affirmations! Here are some examples to get you started:
      • I am worthy
      • I am loved
      • I am a good mom/dad
      • I am loveable
      • I am learning
      • I am trying
      • I forgive myself for the mistakes I have made
      • I am good at (fill in the blank)
      • I can do this
      • I am strong
      • I am not alone
As you start your own list you will find affirmations that are meaningful to you. If you struggle with finding your own affirmations try talking to yourself like you would talk to your best friend.

Blessings, 
Kara

No comments:

Post a Comment