Friday, June 21, 2019

Don't let your past define you

Don't let your past define you

"No matter what has happened to you in the past or what is going on in your life right now, it has no power to keep you from having an amazingly good future..."   Joyce Meyer


We all have a story. We are continually writing it. The things that have happened in your past shape the person you have become, but they don't DEFINE you. 

I had cancer 5 years ago. After 3 years and 3 biopsies, I had chemo and radiation. For 4 months that was what I did. But it is not who I am. It is, however, part of what has shaped me into the woman I am today. 

When my husband and I were first married, we were poor. I mean, really poor. But it was not my identity then and it is not my identity now. It is, however, part of what has shaped me into the woman I am today.

I am able to look back at my experiences and learn from them...see the good things that came out of them. I am able to "clear the clutter" and make room for good things to come into my life. 





Allow your past and current experiences to shape you, but don't let them define you. You are still writing your story; the ending is yet unwritten.

Blessings,
Kara


No comments:

Post a Comment